There are newer versions of this map available. To see them, view all Syria updates.
Research by Djordje Djukic. Map by onestopmap.com, Evan Centanni, and Djordje Djukic
New discounted price!
With Syria's UN-brokered truce partially holding, government, Kurdish, and rebel forces alike have turned their attention to carving away territory from the so-called "Islamic State" (ISIS/ISIL). However, the rebels also sustained some losses to government forces prior to the ceasefire taking effect.
See all this and more on the latest update to PolGeoNow's concise, professional Syrian Civil War control map, which includes a timeline of changes since our previous Syria map report in early February.
This map and report are professional subscriber content, available to paid members or for separate purchase. Download PDF (US$14.99) New discounted price!
Want to see before you buy? Check out our most recent FREE SAMPLE Syria map!
Exclusive map report includes:
- New since last year: Terrain shading and major highways included on map for geographic context!
- Up-to-date map of current territorial control in Syria, color-coded for the Assad government, rebel groups, "Islamic State" (ISIS/ISIL) extremists, and Kurdish/SDF forces.
- Special symbols indicate towns dominated by rebels of Al Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra (the Nusra Front) and by multi-ethnic anti-ISIS Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
- Detailed indication of city-by-city control, highlighting key towns and other locations important to current events.
- Locations of recent fighting and military operations, including Daraa, Khanaser, Tell Rifaat, Shadadi, the Aleppo Power Plant, and more.
- Detailed timeline of important events and changes to territorial control since February 10, 2016, compiled by our Syria-Iraq expert, with links to sources.
MEMBERS CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO ARTICLE AND MAP
Not a member yet? Click here to learn more about our professional subscription service!