There are newer versions of this map available. To see them, view all Syria updates.
Research by Djordje Djukic. Map by onestopmap.com and Evan Centanni.
New discounted price!
As a UN-brokered truce approached, tables were beginning to turn in Syria, with the government's Russian-backed offensive making major breakthroughs against rebel forces in Aleppo, Latakia, and elsewhere.
Meanwhile, the so-called "Islamic State" (ISIS) continued to hold vast tracts of the country, while Kurdish-led forces gradually expanded their control in victories against ISIS and rebel fighters alike.
See all this and more on the newest update to PolGeoNow's concise, professional Syrian Civil War control map, which includes a timeline of changes since our previous Syria map report in mid-December.
This map and report are professional subscriber content, available to paid members or for separate purchase. Download PDF (US$14.99) New discounted price!
Want to see before you buy? Check out our most recent FREE SAMPLE Syria map!
Exclusive map report includes:
- New in this edition: Terrain shading and major highways included on map for geographic context!
- Up-to-date map of current territorial control in Syria, color-coded for the Assad government, rebel groups, "Islamic State" (ISIS/ISIL) extremists, and Kurdish YPG forces.
- Special symbols indicate towns dominated by rebels of Al Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra (the Nusra Front) and by multi-ethnic anti-ISIS Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
- Detailed indication of city-by-city control, highlighting key towns and other locations important to current events.
- Locations of recent fighting and military operations, including Menagh airbase, Aleppo, Salma, Rabia, Nubl, Baghaliya, Tishrin Dam, and more.
- Detailed timeline of important events and changes to territorial control since December 9, 2015, compiled by our Syria-Iraq expert, with links to sources.
MEMBERS CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO ARTICLE AND MAP
Not a member yet? Click here to learn more about our professional subscription service!