The Syrian government's newly Russian-backed offensive against rebels and the so-called "Islamic State" (IS, formerly ISIS) is beginning to pick up momentum. Meanwhile, Western European countries are increasingly becoming involved in the war on IS as well, with a new Western-backed, multi-ethnic ground coalition making significant gains of its own against the group.
See all this and more on the newest update to PolGeoNow's concise, professional-quality Syrian Civil War control map, which includes a timeline of changes since our previous Syria map report near the end of October.
This map and report are professional subscriber content, available to paid members or for separate purchase. Download PDF (US$24.99)
Want to see before you buy? Check out our most recent FREE SAMPLE Syria map!
Exclusive map report includes:
- Up-to-date map of current territorial control in Syria, color-coded for the Assad government, rebel groups, "Islamic State" (ISIS/ISIL) extremists, and Kurdish YPG forces. Special symbol indicates rebel-held towns dominated by Al Qaeda affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra (the Nusra Front).
- New in this edition: Special symbol indicates towns held by multi-ethnic anti-ISIS Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF).
- Detailed indication of city-by-city control, highlighting key towns and other locations important to current events.
- Locations of recent fighting and military operations, including Kweires airbase, Hader, Kafrah, Delha, Deir Hanna, Sheikh Meskin, Hawl, and more.
- Detailed timeline of important events and changes to territorial control since October 30, 2015, compiled by our Syria-Iraq expert, with links to sources.
MEMBERS CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO ARTICLE AND MAP
Not a member yet? Click here to learn more about our professional subscription service!