There are newer versions of this map available. To see them, view all Iraq updates.
Research by Djordje Djukic. Map by onestopmap.com, Evan Centanni, and Djordje Djukic
New discounted price!
The past four months have seen two significant victories for Iraqi government forces over the so-called "Islamic State" (ISIS/ISIL), despite floundering attempts to retake the city of Mosul.
See all this and more on the latest update to PolGeoNow's concise, professional map of control in Iraq's civil war, including a timeline of changes since our previous Iraq map report in December 2015.
This map and report are professional subscriber content, available to paid members or for separate purchase. Download PDF (US$14.99) New discounted price!
Want to see before you buy? Check out our most recent FREE SAMPLE Iraq map report!
Exclusive map report includes:
- New since last time: Terrain shading and major highways included on map for geographic context
- Up-to-date map of current territorial control in Iraq, color-coded for the Iraqi government, "Islamic State" (ISIS/ISIL) extremists, and Kurdistan's Peshmerga forces
- Detailed indication of town-by-town control, including provincial boundaries, all major cities, and many smaller ones
- Markers for key areas of recent fighting such as Ramadi, Hit, Bashir, and more
- Timeline of changes to the situation since December, compiled by our Iraq specialist, with links to sources
SUBSCRIBERS CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO ARTICLE AND MAP
NON-MEMBERS: PURCHASE MAP REPORT
Not a member yet? Click here to learn about our professional subscription service!