(To see other maps in this series, view all Yemen updates.)
In the two months since our previous Yemen control map update, the Saudi-led coalition supporting President Hadi has opened new fronts against both the rival Houthis and Al Qaeda, using its naval forces to capture islands and seaports along Yemen's coast while also advancing across the border from Saudi Arabia for the first time.
Meanwhile, the so-called "Islamic State" organization (formerly ISIS/ISIL), based in Iraq and Syria, has for the first time been alleged to control territory in Yemen.
See all this and more on the newest update to PolGeoNow's Yemen territorial control map, which includes a timeline of changes and important events since our previous Yemen map report in November.
This map and report are exclusive premium content, available to paid subscribers or for individual purchase. Download PDF (US$19.99)
Want to see before you buy? Check out our most recent FREE SAMPLE Yemen map report!
Exclusive map report includes:
- Up-to-date map of current territorial control in Yemen, color-coded for the pro-Hadi coalition, Houthi/Saleh forces, Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP), and "Islamic State" (ISIS/ISIL).
- Color scheme newly updated for consistency with Syria, Iraq, and Libya map series
- Detailed indication of town-by-town control, including provincial boundaries, all major cities, and many smaller ones
- Markers for key areas of recent fighting such as Aden, the Bab al-Mandeb Strait, Dhubab, Hanish Island, Harad, Maydee, Mukallah, and more
- Timeline of changes to the situation since November 2015, with links to sources
MEMBERS CLICK HERE TO PROCEED TO ARTICLE AND MAP
Not a member yet? Click here to learn more about our professional subscription service!